--Hotel pickup at 08:30 am.
--we will drive to Tian’an men Square and Forbidden City, which are adjecent to each other . Forbidden City, which is also known as Palace Museum, is located at the center of Beijing. It was the imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties. Rectangular in shape, Forbidden City is the world's largest palace complex. Visit Forbidden City for 2 hours.
--Drive to the the restaurant for lunch near Temple of Heaven for delicious Chinese lunch.
--Drive 50 minutes to visit Summer Palace -20 kilometers northwest of downtown Beijing. Summer Palace is the largest imperial garden of Ming and Qing dynasty. The whole Summer Palace covers an area of over 290 hectares including more than 3,000 buildings, such as halls, pavilions, towers, etc. Take sightseeing for 1 hour.
--Visit Lama Temple - a renowned lama temple of the Yellow Hat Sect of Lamaism. It is the only downtown Buddhism temple in Beijing. Before being a temple, it is a former imperial palace in Qing dynasty.
--Visit a Chinese fresh water pearl shop nearSummer Palace to do some shopping. It a nice place to buy a necklace or bracelet. It is very good gift from China. After dinner in a local Chinese restaurant, drive to Qianmen hotel to enjoy Beijing Opera in Liyuan Theatre. Beijing Opera is deemed the national opera of China. The accompanying music, singing and costumes are full of Chinese cultural facts.
--Transfer back to your hotel after the whole day tour.
|Number of Guests||1 Guest||2 Guest||3-5 Guests||6-9 Guests||10 Guests and above|
|Cost per Guest||USD 525||USD 308||USD 230||USD 185||USD 155|
--Air-conditioned private car or van,
--English-speaking tour guide,
--Typical Chinese lunch,
--Hotel pickup and drop-off,
--Fuel, highway tax and parking cost.
Tips to the guide or driver
1. The above tour is tailored for you exclusively. You will use private vehicle, driver and English-speaking tour guide.
2. Lunch is not refundable if you do not need it.
3. The sunshine is very strong in summer. Sunglass is helpful.
4. We will arrange a boat cruise on Kunming lake in Summer Palace from May to October. You will see a different summer palace on the boat.
5. A visit to Chinese silk shop and Jade processing factories are included. Please let us know if you are not interested in these. We will cancel the shop according to your request; but no refund will be made.
6. You will walk a long distance with our tour guide. Soft and comfortable shoes are helpful.
7. Chinatravelcompass.com lists the exact cost of each person from 1 to 10 persons. This will help you to lower cost if you have more people.
8. If you want to skip any of the scenic spots as listed in the detail itinerary, the price will be deducted accordingly.