Attractions: History and culture in Chengdu is really worthy for travelers, especially on its mountains and waters. This time let us focus on Mt. Qingcheng and Dujiangyan Irrigation Project!
: Day 1 : Chengdu Arrival
Upon arrival, guide will meet you at airport or railway station and then take you to check in the fixed hotel there. After a short break, take afternoon time to visit Wuhouci Temple and Du Fu Cottage.
- Wuhouci Temple: It is a place to commemorate Zhuge Kongming in Three Kingdoms around 2 and 3 centuries. Zhuge Kongming is an avatar in China.
- Du Fu Cottage: The poet Du Fu lived in Chengdu for years. In the west suburbs of the city, he built for himself a thatched hut and wrote a lot of poems here. The poet's thatched cottage is an important scenic and historic spot in Chengdu.
Today we will drive to explore the mysterious Mt. Qingcheng famed of Daoism by cable car and marvalous Dujiangyan Irrigation. There is a small inner lake called Yuecheng Lake we can also get a glance.
- The front gate of Mt. Qingcheng: Located about 15 kilometers from the southeast of Dujiangyan City, Sichuan Province, Mt. Qingcheng lies amidst the Western Mountains covered with pure white snow, and dominates the fertile land of Chengdu.
- Dujiangyan: It is an Irrigation System, which was built over 2250 years ago to irrigate the Chengdu Basin, and it has been cultivated the whole basin for more than 2000 years already.
- Cable Car on Mt. Qingcheng: You can take the cable car for deep feeling of the Mt.Qingcheng.
- Yuecheng Lake: Yuecheng Lake is located in the foot of Yuecheng Hill.
Our focus today is the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in the morning and Sanxingdui Museum in Guanghan in the afternoon.
- Sanxingdui Museum in Guanghan: Founded in 1992, this museum occupies an area of 7000 square kilometers, and has a exhibition of the cultural relics excavated from No1 and No2 sacrificial pits of Shang Dynasty (from 16th-11th century B.C.). There are thousands of pieces of invaluable relics such as bronze ware, jade ware, gold ware, pottery, and bone ware on the exhibition, where you can get a closed look and learn more about the ancient China.
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding : It locates at the Axe Hill 10 kilometers from the north suburb of Chengdu City. It covers an area of 600 acres. The environment here is exquisitely designed; the air is refreshing with the bamboo growing luxuriantly and flocks of wild birds flying around. (There are two Personal interactions with the pandas.
One is enjoying seeing Feeding at 9am or 2pm and another is taking photo with them by donating RMB300-500 for adult pandas or RMB50-100 for baby pandas. You can consult with our guide who will be there assisting you on it before visit. You will be highly appreciated if can do something for them.)
Day 4 : Chengdu Departure (B )
|| Chengdu Haiyatt Hotel
|| Chengdu Tianfu Sunshine Hotel (Amara)
(1.)Pay cash to our tour guide upon your hotel pickup in the morning. Both Chinese RMB and USD are acceptable.
(2.)Transfer the money to tour bank account at least 2 weeks beofore your tour date.
(3.)Pay by Credit Card through Paypal. We will send you the Paypal Invoice. You just need to follow the instructions step by step .
--Air-conditioned private car or van,
--English-speaking tour guide,
--Typical Chinese lunch,
--Hotel pickup and drop-off,
--Hotels as specified
--Fuel, highway tax and parking cost.
--Tips to the tour guides and drivers.
1. We will buy Travel Accident Insurance in advance, so please provide full name on passport of all travelers.
2. Once we have the above information,, we will start arranging your tour according to your request. Confirmation will be sent to you when all tour details are arranged.