Attractions: Residence and Headquarters General Joseph W. Stilwell Chief Commander, Chongqing Zoo
Itinerary Details : Day 1 : Arrival in Chongqing (Lunch)
--Our guide will meet you outside the baggage claim area at Chongqing Airport and transfer you to the hotel. After having a rich buffet lunch at 5-star hotel, visit the General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum and the Chongqing Zoo to see pandas.
General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum - The museum was built for commemorating General Joseph W. Stilwell. In 1942, during the Second World War, General Joseph W. Stilwell came to Chongqing. He worked as Chief of Staff in the China Theater of Operations and as the Commander-in-Chief of the American Army in the China Burma India Theater. During the visit to this museum, you can see his residential houses and the headquarters. Chongqing
Day 2: Chongqing City Tour ( Breakfast, lunch )
Visit the Hechuan Fishing City in the morning and drive back to Chongqing, visit the Ciqikou Village in the rest of the day.
Hechuan Fishing City - Hechuan Fishing City is located by the side of the Jialing River, five kilometers east of Hechuan District, Chongqing City. It's one of the well-preserved ancient battle fields in China. In July 1259, the Mongolian army struck the Southern Song Dynasty by three routes. At Hechuan Fishing City, the local citizens and the army of the Southern Song put up a stout resistance. As a result, Mangu Khan was wounded by fire. Later, he passed away. Then, the Mongolians started a war of seizing the scepter, which weakened their outstretched power to Southern Song and Europe. It not only continued the Southern Song's reign but also changed the structure of the world. The Fishing City got the name as it was established on the Fishing Mountain, Diaoyushan in Chinese. In the ancient times, it was a gateway to Chongqing. The city was built along the mountain and fortified very heavily.
Ciqikou Village - Ciqikou is an ancient town near to the downtown of Chongqing. The old streets there were all paved by top-grade stone tablets. The oldest stone in Ciqikou has a history of about one thousand years. On the both sides of the street stand antique houses and shops. The shops sell various artworks like embroidery, Chinese calligraphy and paintings. Also you can find many local snacks, such as deep-fired twisted dough and beef jerky.
Day 3 : Shanghai & Departure
--After breakfast, transfer to the airport or train station to continue your our.
End of the tour
(1.)Pay cash to our tour guide upon your hotel pickup in the morning. Both Chinese RMB and USD are acceptable.
(2.)Transfer the money to tour bank account at least 2 weeks beofore your tour date.
(3.)Pay by Credit Card through Paypal. We will send you the Paypal Invoice. You just need to follow the instructions step by step .
Friendly Notice from China Travel Compsss :
1. The above tour is tailored for you exclusively. You will use private vehicle, driver and English-speaking tour guide.
2. Lunch is not refundable if you do not need it.
3. The sunshine is very strong in summer. Sunglass is helpful.
4. A visit to Chinese silk shop and Jade processing factories are included. Please let us know if you are not interested in these. We will cancel the shop according to your request; but no refund will be made.
6. You will walk a long distance with our tour guide. Soft and comfortable shoes are helpful.
7. Chinatravelcompass.com lists the exact cost of each person from 1 to 10 persons. This will help you to lower cost if you have more people.
8. If you want to skip any of the scenic spots as listed in the detail itinerary, the price will be deducted accordingly.