Attractions: General Joseph W. Stilwell Chief Commander, Chongqing Zoo, Dazu Grottos
Itinerary Details : Day 1 : Arrival in Chongqing (Lunch)
--Our guide will meet you outside the baggage claim area at Chongqing Airport and transfer you to the hotel. After having a rich buffet lunch at 5-star hotel, visit the General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum and the Chongqing Zoo to see pandas.
General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum - The museum was built for commemorating General Joseph W. Stilwell. In 1942, during the Second World War, General Joseph W. Stilwell came to Chongqing. He worked as Chief of Staff in the China Theater of Operations and as the Commander-in-Chief of the American Army in the China Burma India Theater. During the visit to this museum, you can see his residential houses and the headquarters. Chongqing
Chongqing Zoo - Chongqing Zoo is located in the western suburb of Chongqing City. It was first built in 1953. The landscape of the zoo is very beautiful. In the zoo, you can see more than 600 kinds of animals. Some of them are endangered animals, such as giant pandas, little pandas and South China tigers. In the recent years, the zoo increased some entertainment facilities. Some of them are suitable for children, such as the little electricity-driven train and merry-go-round; and the others are intended for adults, which can satisfy their needs of seeking thrill.
Day 2 : Chongqing - Dazu - Chongqing ( Breakfast, lunch )
This morning, take you to Duzu and have a whole day tour to Baoding Carvings, the noted Grotto Art in Dazu County. Transfer back to Chonqqing and relax for the rest of the day.
Dazu - Dazu County was first established in 758 in the Tang Dynasty (618-907). Situated to the west of the Chongqing downtown, it's famed as the hometown of Chinese rock carvings. In the county, you can see Dazu Rock Carvings. Dealing with the Buddhism art, the rock carvings were made in the late Tang Dynasty (around 907) and the early Song Dynasty (around 960). Among those, the carvings on the Bei Mountain (Bei Shan) and Baoding Mountain (Baoding Shan) are particularly popular. On December 1st, 1999, the Dazu Rock Carvings was put into the list of the World Cultural Heritage.
Ciqikou Village - Ciqikou is an ancient town near to the downtown of Chongqing. The old streets there were all paved by top-grade stone tablets. The oldest stone in Ciqikou has a history of about one thousand years. On the both sides of the street stand antique houses and shops. The shops sell various artworks like embroidery, Chinese calligraphy and paintings. Also you can find many local snacks, such as deep-fired twisted dough and beef jerky.
Day 3 : Chongqing & Exit ( Breakfast )
A private transfer takes you to the airport and your pleasant China tour ends here. (B)
End of the tour
(1.)Pay cash to our tour guide upon your hotel pickup in the morning. Both Chinese RMB and USD are acceptable.
(2.)Transfer the money to tour bank account at least 2 weeks beofore your tour date.
(3.)Pay by Credit Card through Paypal. We will send you the Paypal Invoice. You just need to follow the instructions step by step .
Friendly Notice from China Travel Compsss :
1. The above tour is tailored for you exclusively. You will use private vehicle, driver and English-speaking tour guide.
2. Lunch is not refundable if you do not need it.
3. The sunshine is very strong in summer. Sunglass is helpful.
4. A visit to Chinese silk shop and Jade processing factories are included. Please let us know if you are not interested in these. We will cancel the shop according to your request; but no refund will be made.
6. You will walk a long distance with our tour guide. Soft and comfortable shoes are helpful.
7. Chinatravelcompass.com lists the exact cost of each person from 1 to 10 persons. This will help you to lower cost if you have more people.
8. If you want to skip any of the scenic spots as listed in the detail itinerary, the price will be deducted accordingly.